Executive IT Supplier Management - Network/Operations Services
City: Johannesburg, Selby
Permanent A well-established corporate company situated in the Johannesburg southern suburbs is recruiting an Executive for IT Supplier Management for their network and operations services in a permanent capacity.
Purpose of the job
To effectively support the group and numerous businesses moving forward, IT will itself need to radically evolve into a strategic business partner that delivers focused and commercially responsible strategic technology solutions with a significantly greater level of maturity.
The objectives of the role include:
- Follows overall guidelines set by IT governance to manage network and operations services suppliers, and co-ordinate go-to market activities.
- For supplier management: Senior point-of contact for network and operations suppliers, and responsible escalating failure to deliver on service levels, and ensuring contract/commercial terms are fulfilled. Work with suppliers to encourage innovation, process and service improvement and manage any contract changes.
- For go-to market: Manage contract pipeline and co-ordinate decision on go-to market. At that point, coordinate development of appropriate service levels, commercials and contract terms, as well as the RFP and negotiation processes. Go-to-market activities will align to the governance guidelines established by Group Procurement.
Responsible for the development and execution of the supplier management strategy for network and operations services suppliers:
SRM standards and governance
- Responsible for the development of the supplier management strategy for network and operations services suppliers, supported by the Divisional Executive IT Commercial Management and aligned with the overall IT supplier management strategy, including risk assessment.
- Responsible for establishing a standard supplier contract with clear SLA, delivery outputs and consistent terms and conditions aligned to IT strategy and roadmap.
- Works closely with business owners to ensure alignment to network and operations services budget and demand plan, the Company’s Group IT strategy, overall corporate strategy and leading practices.
Innovation and collaboration
- 1. Work and collaborate with the Group IT services suppliers to identify areas for innovation and new technologies.
- 2. Facilitate regular technology update sessions where suppliers can present new trends and technologies.
- Leads the analysis and sets the network and operations services spend baseline and development of the network and operations services category.
- Develop and manage supplier through a service catalogue/scorecard.
- Leads the medium to complex supplier selection, identification of potential strategic partners and fact based negotiations for the network and operations category.
- Work closely with Group Procurement on any new IT network and operations service RFx activities.
- In collaboration with the stakeholders who will include group procurement, cost center owners and accounts payable, defines the network and operations services buying channel strategy and based on reports, identifies the Buying Channel effectiveness.
- Analyze and evaluate information when sourcing and negotiating with suppliers to establish and verify the reliability of suppliers for quality and price prior to buying
- Evaluate supplier rankings and performance so that appropriate actions/decisions are taken on whether to utilize suppliers
- Implement a process to communicate effectively when negotiating with suppliers so that all elements relating to quality, quantity, and delivery requirements are clearly understood and carried out in accordance with business requirements.
- Negotiate new contracts, project outputs and service agreements in accordance with the changing needs of the business. Monitor stakeholder performance on an ongoing basis and re-negotiate deliverables where required.
- Identify key core products and negotiate volumes, price and lead times, verifying supplier commitment and ability to meet volume requirements.
- Encourage, implement and reinforce the Group’s Values, Leadership principles and Employer of Choice (EOC) strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure an open, motivated and harmonious work environment in line with the Company’s Leadership philosophy.
- Manage the performance of self and all direct reports (formally and informally), ensuring that regular feedback is given/received, coaching and mentoring on performance is given/received to enable continuous improvement.
- Be actively involved in own Individual Development Plan (IDP), develop such plans for all direct reports and ensure that the agreed development interventions are delivered.
- Ensure that talent reviews are conducted on all staff to identify the appropriate talent management strategy and drive implementation.
- When required, recruit individuals with sufficient skills to enable the achievement of the Supplier Management Office’s objectives.
Essential Skills and experience required for this role:
Leadership and Business acumen:
- Display a strong understanding and/or experience of working in a fast paced multi-channel retail environment.
- Display a strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability.
- Must be highly business and service orientated with an excellent customer focus.
Technical and Functional know how:
- Proven experience of understanding Network and operations services architectures.
- Proven experience of successfully managing large and complex network and operations services contracts from development to delivery stage within retail environment in excess of 1Billion rand value (Strategic sourcing category management).
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining a IT category plan (Strategic sourcing)
- Possess excellent numerical and analytical skills along with strong financial acumen and negotiation skills (Spend and Demand Analysis).
- Experience in managing the relationships with key third party suppliers ensuring stability in delivery, availability, reliability and performance (Supplier management).
- Experience with managing onshore and offshore network and operations service contracts - ability to cooperate / collaborate with business representatives and third party suppliers.
- Proven experience in defining the commercial structures alongside the contractual and technical terms (Specification analysis, contracting and tendering).
- Specialist sourcing knowledge including specific product/ service provision knowledge.
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to highlight potential risk areas within the contract and use strong negotiation and influencing skills to counter these (Risk management).
- An understanding of the legal and commercial issues associated with IT contracts (Legal).
- Proven track record of significant cost savings through effective implementation of sourcing agreements (Value identification Value Chain & Total Cost Analysis).
- Proven experience in Reporting & Procurement Controlling.
- Managing and leading change to ensure successful implementation of the supplier relationship strategy.
- Building strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, relationship management, negotiation skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Establish, run and maintain SRM scorecards to track contractual compliance.
- Sourcing and negotiating with key partners in order to deliver the proposed business model.
- Be challenging and influencing.
- Minimum three+ years of experience of leading high-performance cross-functional teams in multi-supplier environment.
- Develop both internal and external team through continuous learning, sharing best practices, knowledge and expertise.
- Undergraduate degree (e.g., BA, BS) or equivalent experience in IT and strategic sourcing
- Five years or more relevant IT experience as indicated
- Seven years of IT Strategic Sourcing or IT Supplier Management (Network and Operations services)