Business Analyst / Functional Analyst
A well-known retail giant is recruiting a Business Analyst / Functional Analyst to join their team in a permanent capacity.
Role Purpose and Objectives:
The purpose of the Business Analyst is to support the Business Relationship Manager (BRM) roles and broader Information Technology (IT) as a whole by providing:
- Technical Expertise
- Client Management
- Value Management
- Liaise with relevant business change teams to gather technical and non-technical business requirements.
- Use relevant business analysis techniques to perform solution analysis and design.
- Working with the Business Support Managers and Innovation team to identify potential continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage and maintain requirements throughout a project, ensuring the validity and accuracy of the solution.
- Elicit Requirements using relevant tools such as; Agile, prototyping, JAD, focus groups, etc.
- Conduct Requirements/Process Analysis using relevant tools such as; Solution Assessments and Validation using relevant tools such; user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting, etc.
- Requirements Management ensuring requirements are accurate, maintained and there is full traceability through the project lifecycle. Will use processes such as; requirements traceability, baselining.
- Liaise with relevant business change teams to gather technical and non-technical business requirements on behalf of the relevant Service Delivery & Engagement Manager.
- Create the relevant artefacts for identified opportunities.
- Perform Enterprise Analysis using relevant tools such as; benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, integration effectiveness, SWOT, etc.
- Solution Assessments and Validation using relevant tools such as; user acceptance testing, defect and issue reporting.
- Support inflight Projects acting as part design authority to ensure consistency of solutions across functions where appropriate.
- Innovate and evaluate relevant new and emerging technologies seeking Business Unit value
- Support the Company’s Group IS Governance functions in roll out of Standards, Policies & Procedures to the Business Unit
- Identify Innovation and Continuous service Improvement opportunities
- Builds the Investment case for specified projects
- Assists in the creation of Communication Plans in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Systemically build the required project Business Case with identified Key Success Criteria
Essential skills and experience required for this role:
- Possess deep understanding of Business Analysis tools and usage of:
- Knowledgeable in business specific processes and can manage customer expectation.
- Able to produce detail-level functional requirement documentation.
- Able to lead functional requirement walk through and quality reviews.
- Familiar with risk management processes and tools.
- Proven ability to support an environment where identifying project risks is positive.
- Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business users.
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Has played an active or lead role in preparing requirement documents.
- Experienced in assessing business benefits, costs and risks on multiple types of projects.
- Previous experience of Business Analyst role within facilities management Services.
- Experience within an ERP based environment on SCM (Supply Chain Management) modules would be highly beneficial to the role.
Professional Qualification Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree (BSc, BCom) or equivalent experience in IT or related industry
Technical Qualification Requirements:
- 5 to 8 years or more relevant IT experience as indicated of which at least 3 years dealing with Senior stakeholders