IT Analyst on Finance and Credit Systems
City: Johannesburg, Selby
A well-known company situated in Selby is recruiting a Business & Systems Analyst for their Credit and Financial Services systems area within a permanent capacity.
Role Purpose and Objectives:
To manage and support applications within the Credit and Financial Services Systems environment through business process and technology system analysis, as well as functional design, thus ensuring that the application landscape can support the business objectives and processes. Recommending innovative solutions to solve business system challenges and new business requirements on new and existing technology used in the Retail sector. Managing end-to-end delivery partners (Strategic Implementers) of the various IT solutions in the environment, ensuring adherence to SLAs and OLAs.
- Lead, facilitate and participate in scoping workshops to identify variances to the global operating model.
- Point of escalation for any technology related change request from deployment teams.
- Responsible to review, challenge and escalate technology, process and functional changes for approval as required.
- Review business process variations to standard models in alignment with principles defined by the Business Process Owners.
- Provide process expertise to project teams regarding process in scope.
- Interface with Service Providers to ensure systems landscape requirements are understood and executed on correctly.
- Define and design definition of standard scripts for SIT and UAT.
- Develop detailed training materials, in conjunction with the change teams for system users with business process owner’s support.
- Review and sign off process documentation and work instructions from the SI and internal stakeholders in technology and business.
- Understand and influence the change management model and ensure that it is aligned to.
- Project Management capability for enhancements and changes not managed within the PMO.
- Work with internal and external teams to drive the implementation of systems, changes and enhancements, incl. alignment to operating model.
- Document, review and maintain functional and non-functional requirements.
- Review and manage technical documentation to ensure alignment to functional requirements.
- Participate in defining and recording the requirements to be met by the system and the methods to be used to ensure that each requirement has been addressed.
- Partnering with Business and Technology to enhance business systems and functionality for new and current systems.
- Managing vendors and ensuring delivery is in line with SLA’s and contracts.
Essential skills and experience required for this role:
- Possess strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Credit and Financial Services (including insurance) industry and systems knowledge
- Display a strong understanding and/or experience of working in a professional services organization.
- Experience in leading teams for delivery.
- Understand the AGILE, SDLC and ITIL processes.
- Business Process analysis and re-engineering.
- Project Management.
- Understand Service management systems tools, processes, methodologies and best practice
- Understand application management systems tools, processes, methodologies and best practice
- Be able to manage relationships across the organization at multiple levels as well as with third party vendors.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Possess strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Display a strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking ability.
- Strong troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to identify and resolve problems effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- Possess strong understanding of Corporate Functions and applications i.e. SAP, Oracle, etc. for ERP, HR, etc.
- Possess strong understanding of Retail application implementations, Integrations and system processes.
Professional Qualification Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience in IT
- Project Management and Business Analysis Certifications
Technical Qualification Requirements:
- ITIL, Oracle Certification recommended
- Eight+ years of relevant IT experience as indicated