Site Reliability Engineers
City: Johannesburg, Midrand
A financial services client based in Midrand is recruiting a high-tech team of site reliability engineers to join their company on a permanent basis.
Main purpose of the job:
- To enable excellence in execution through ultra-scalable and highly reliable systems.
- The incumbent will be a DevOps expert with experience working with both technology and operations specialists to define outcomes, and then using cutting-edge methodologies and tooling to solve operational challenges.
- Five to ten years in IT
- Work experience using Windows Server and Linux
- Work experience using Microsoft development technologies
- Work experience using Java
- Work experience as a full-stack developer
- Work experience using both JSON- and SOAP-based web services
- Work experience using both client-side and server-side technologies
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Software development
- Web technologies
- Networking fundamentals
- Infrastructure fundamentals
- Performance engineering and optimisation
- Experience with a variety of systems development life-cycle methodologies
- Continuous integration
- Containerisation experience
- Test automation
- Automated deployment
- Application and infrastructure monitoring
- Financial services experience
- Practical process automation experience
- Practical information security experience
Client and customer relationship management:
- Create and maintain productive relationships with internal and external clients by providing advice and assistance.
- Create an understanding of the ‘real’ versus ‘perceived’ need through the application of thought leadership, experience and expertise while complying with company policies, legislation and regulations.
- Keep the client informed about progress through written communication, telephone communications and/or face to face meetings
- Build a positive image by exceeding client expectations at all times
- Treat internal and external customers fairly at all times
- Rapid learner
- Integrity and honesty
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to act autonomously