City: Johannesburg, Selby
The objectives of the role include:
- Construct Solutions Architectures for various projects
- Define integration architectures for various projects
- Assist in application health assessments
- Assist in the definition of the architecture roadmaps
- Manage vendors to deliver end to end high level design artefacts
- Strong emphasis on integration skills
- Develops solution architecture that accurately translates business requirements to technology and ensures the design will meet business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a change.
- Evaluate business requirements for technical feasibility, provide sound technical advice on feasibility, ability to implement and potential impact.
- Develop cross-systems solutions architectures based on the negotiated business requirements
- Analyse requirements and provide detailed non-functional requirements based on both the requirements and the systems architectures.
- Develop architectural options, evaluate the options against various criteria and provide guidance to both project teams and senior management on technical options and scenarios.
- Govern and guide projects through the SDLC.
- Guide and do systems health assessments
- Assist in the definition of the architecture roadmaps for various systems based on various inputs, including requirements, needs, health assessments, etc.
- Ensuring the alignment of enterprise IT architecture with agreed business outcomes and IT strategy, based on relevant IT architecture enterprise principles and frameworks.
- Investigate strategic IT trends (including initiating and executing relevant proof of concepts), impact analysis and alignment requirement by the Company.
- Investigate an independent, unbiased view of the implications of business and technology scenarios within and across enterprise
- Provide guidance to Technical Architects and Specialists on changes throughout the design process.
- Conduct continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the business requirements.
- Identify and evaluate risks and participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Identify data management requirements and data management capabilities for regulatory and compliance projects
- Identify data security requirements and data security capabilities for regulatory and compliance projects
- Liaise with IT Project Managers and IT Delivery Coordinators to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints.
- Provide guidance to developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process.
- Establish traceability between requirements and application solution architecture design.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Platform independent mind-set
Essential skills and experience required for this role:
- A significant can do attitude
- Results focus and driven
- Understanding of Application Architecture
- Understanding of Data Architecture
- Understanding of System of Systems Architecture
- Understanding of Integration Architectures
- Understanding of Abstracted architecture patterns
- Understand the requirements gathering process
- Overall good understanding of SDLC processes
- Must have excellent planning and organisation skills with a proven ability to bring projects in on time and within budget
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Display a strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability
- Excellent facilitation skills and the ability to work effectively with peer and leadership teams.
- Need strong negotiation skills
- Cultivate relationships with business and technology stakeholder
Professional Qualification Requirements:
Technical Qualification Requirements:
- Undergraduate technical degree (e.g., BIng, BSc)
- Significant technical project exposure for large scale integrated solutions
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Solutions Architect